Amphenol Unlimited Services’ teams are dedicated to achieving the highest-quality systems by offering interaction from inception to delivery.
We offer a dedicated, in-house prototype team. Just provide a print or sketch, and our prototype specialists will build a harness, cable, or control panel assembly to assist in your engineering process. Our prototype team is experienced and can provide reduced development lead-time, improved manufacturability, and value analysis. The Amphenol Unlimited Services’ prototype team can be an extension of your R&D and engineering departments, giving your projects added synergy. In addition, we offer the following services:
- Full-Time Prototype Services—Assistance in getting your product to the market rapidly with field-tested and proven assembly.
- Engineering Assistance—Since 95% of the cost decisions are made at the design level, we can help you make component choices to limit future warranty, service, and cost issues.
- Assistance in Wiring Specification Development—Our experienced staff will share their skills and technical resources.
- Technical Seminars Presented at Customer Locations—The US team can provide “industry best practices” and technical support teams from the key component suppliers.
- Customer-Sponsored Quality Kaizen Events—US support team members will assist you in your internal customer continuous improvement events.
- CAD Capability—Electronic communication makes it easy to discuss technical questions with our engineers.
Purchasing and Material Flow Services
- Annual Blanket Ordering System—Get the parts you need when you need them.
- Direct Response Communication—Speak directly with those who are responsible for the production of your assemblies.
- Wire Harness Kit Services—We can provide entire assembly systems in a wire harness kit to fit your production schedule.
- Kanban programs are available—Reusable or disposable containers can be supplied, containing single or multiple part numbers. As the assemblies are used, the empty containers are returned and automatically refilled and returned, using a reorder card system developed to make reordering simple and efficient.
- Kitting Services and Kanban programs—Eliminate material shortages, reduce your inventory costs, reduce purchasing time, reduce material handling, and increase production efficiencies.
Quality Assurance Services
- Testing—Electrical testing is done to assure working products before they reach you.
- Customer Focused Quality—Certified and/or compliant quality systems in accordance with recognized national quality assurance programs are in place to support our continuous improvement and customer-focused quality efforts.